Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Hearty Beef Stew
I took a recipe that was on my worcestershire sauce bottle and made it my own. My hubby really liked and and said it is a "keeper." It is very easy and can be prepared the night before. It can cook in the crockpot for nine hours, which is perfect for us since we are at school all day.
2 lbs stew meat
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves minced garlic
2 (12oz) jars of beef gravy
1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce (I used French's Extra Tenderizing)
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 1bs. small red potatoes, halved (I used regular)
2 cups baby carrots (I used regular)
1 (10oz) pkg of frozen peas
1 chopped green pepper
basil
salt
pepper
Season meat with salt and pepper and brown in 2 tbsp. oil in large skillet. I also browned the meat with chopped green pepper to give it more flavor.
Put meat and peppers in slow cooker.
Stir remaining ingredients except peas into slow cooker and mix well. Sprink the top with basil and stir one more time. Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2 hours or low for 9 hours.
During the last 10 minutes of cooking stir in peas.
Serve with crusty bread, rolls, biscuits, or dumplings. I served mine with the garlic biscuit recipe I have on my pinterest board.
Next time I think I will also add a can of diced tomatoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment